We are pleased to announce the release of ACRN™ hypervisor version 2.1.
What’s New in v2.1
- Preempt-RT Linux has been validated as a pre-launched realtime VM. See Pre-Launched Preempt-RT Linux Mode in ACRN for more details.
- A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) MMIO device can be passthroughed to a pre-launched VM (with some limitations discussed in MMIO Device Passthrough). Previously passthrough was only supported for PCI devices.
- Open Virtual Machine Firmware (OVMF) now uses a Local Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller (LAPIC) timer as its local time instead of the High Precision Event Timer (HPET). This provides the working timer service for the realtime virtual machine (RTVM) booting process.
- Grub is the recommended bootloader for ACRN. For more information, see Using GRUB to boot ACRN.
See the v2.1 full release notes and documentation for more information about this release including fixed and known issues.
Improvements, updates, and corrections have been made throughout our documentation as well, including these documents:
- Contribution Guidelines
- RDT Allocation Feature Supported by Hypervisor
- ACRN Shared Memory Based Inter-VM Communication
- MMIO Device Passthrough
- Build ACRN from Source
- ACRN Configuration Tool
- Pre-Launched Preempt-RT Linux Mode in ACRN
- Enable RDT Configuration
- Getting Started Guide for ACRN hybrid mode
- Getting Started Guide for ACRN logical partition mode
- Launch Windows as the Guest VM on ACRN
- ACRN Installation via Debian Packages
We recommend that all developers upgrade to ACRN release v2.1.