We are pleased to announce the update release of ACRN™ hypervisor version 1.6.1.
What’s New in v1.6.1
- ACRN can now use libvirt to support VM orchestration based on OpenStack.
Libvirt is an open-source API library, daemon (libvirtd), and a command-line management tool (virsh) that decouples specific orchestrators (such as OpenStack) and hypervisors (such as ACRN). Our adding an “ACRN driver” allows libvirt to support ACRN. A libvirt based orchestrator can configure an ACRN guest domain’s CPU configuration during VM creation. We also support dynamic configuration for vCPU affinity via the ACRN Device Manager (acrn-dm). The ACRN configuration tool is also updated based on VM orchestration support. Refer to the ACRN-libvirt repo for more information.
- CPU sharing and GVT-d are now enabled by default.
- Platforms with multiple IO-APICs are supported.
- VT-d Posted interrupts are supported.
Many new and updated reference documents are available, including:
- Security Advisory
- Configure ACRN using OpenStack and libvirt
- ACRN Real-Time VM Performance Tips
- ACRN Configuration Tool
- Device Passthrough
- Enable CPU Sharing in ACRN
- Build ACRN from Source
- Getting Started Guide for ACRN Industry Scenario
- Launch Windows as the Guest VM on ACRN
We recommend that all developers upgrade to ACRN release v1.6.1.