We are pleased to announce the release of ACRN™ Hypervisor version 1.2 which introduces a number of new features.
What’s New in Release Version 1.2
- Support for OVMF as virtual boot loader for Service VM to launch Clearlinux, VxWorks or Windows. Secure boot is also supported
- Support for Kata containers.
- Windows as a Guest (WaaG): USB host (xHCI) mediator
- Virtualization support for Always Running Timer (ART)
- Various bug fixes and enhancements
See the full release notes and latest documentation for more information about this 1.2 release…
Big changes are coming to the world of hypervisors. The open source Project ACRN is a device hypervisor targeting Edge and IoT devices. ACRN supports multiple Operating Systems (OSes) with diverse software stacks and a variety of workloads to run on the same platform enabling significant workload consolidation. Its small footprint means that it can be used in resource constrained environments. As Functional Safety (FuSa) hypervisors are being increasingly relied on to handle multiple workloads with speed and security,..
We are pleased to announce the release of ACRN™ Hypervisor version 1.1 which introduces Hybrid Mode and support for Zephyr, VxWorks and Windows as new Guest Operating Systems.
In this reference release, we use Clear Linux* as the Service OS (SOS) and User OS (UOS). Android* and other Linux* based OSes can also be used as a UOS.
See the full release notes and latest documentation for more information about this 1.1 release…